The ACo REFINERY DATA MODEL V2.0 has been released and is in operation at a major European Refinery for over six years.
The ACo REFINERY DATA MODEL is a complete conceptual model of a refinery. The model covers all areas of a refinery MES system. The model represents the culmination
of several decades of combined engineering and system know-how. ACo used a decade of field tested experience to design a data model that provides the framework to build a system, with the flexibility to fit to different types of operations.
The ACo REFINERY DATA MODEL was developed in Microsoft Visio in conceptual object oriented normal form for transparency and ease of use.
The ACo REFINERY DATA MODEL is a tool for design, analysis, and/or implementation by management, engineers and programers.
The picture to the right is the upper most level of the model.
Key features and functions of the ACo REFINERY DATA MODEL:
- All major systems and subsystems of a refinery are represented.
- Conceptual Object Oriented Normal form:
- Easy to understand
- Easy to implement
- Developed using the latest database modeling techniques
- Scalable design is applicable for large or smaller operations
- Modular design can be subdivided for partial application
- Drill down functionality keeps the display from becoming overcrowded with unnecessary details